Whole Body Vibration Therapy
A whole body vibration system is a platform that vibrates at a specific frequency to activate your hormonal, cardiovascular, lymphatic, and nervous systems simultaneously. These systems are extremely important for your overall health and wellness. Consistent stressors can reduce the optimal functionality of your body. Vibration therapy can help aid in improving your overall wellness and your body’s ability to thrive.
Several hundred peer-reviewed papers have been published on the effects of WBV, and the number of research studies conducted every year is accelerating. Effects described in the studies include: muscle strength and toning, cellulite reduction, improved bone density, heightened secretion of hormones associated with exercise, and depressed response of hormones associated with stress.
Whole Body Vibration was originally developed for the Russian cosmonauts in the 1960's so that their muscles and bone mass would not deteriorate in zero gravity. On top of keeping muscles and bone mass healthy, it is also a good way to lose weight and maintain fitness. With whole-body vibration, you stand, sit or lie on a machine with a vibrating platform. As the machine vibrates, it transmits energy to your body, forcing your muscles to contract and relax dozens of times each second. The activity may cause you to feel as if you're exerting yourself.
Experts claim using the whole body vibration for as little as a few minutes a day, three times a week may aid weight loss, burn fat, improve flexibility, enhance blood flow, reduce muscle soreness after exercise, build strength and decrease the stress hormone cortisol. It has also been proven to reduce back pain, improve strength and balance in older adults and reduce bone loss.
In preventing falls and the bone fractures that often result from them, enhancing bone mineral density is not the only important issue. Increased muscle power, postural control and balance are also factors worthy of consideration. Studies involving elderly subjects have shown that all of these issues can be improved using whole body vibration
A study compiled over 24 weeks of whole body vibration training on body composition and muscle strength in untrained females showed that whole body vibration training induces a gain in knee-extensor strength combined with a small increase in fat free mass. The gain in strength is comparable to the strength increase following a standard fitness training program consisting of cardiovascular and resistance training.
If you are looking for a quicker and easier way to lose weight, the most common and valuable device targeting weight reduction is a resonance device such as this one. It is one of the most efficient weight-loss devices and it takes simply 10-15 minutes per day.
Although the research regarding vibration plate machines is relatively new, companies carrying out their own research into its effectiveness have reported significant improvements in weight loss, muscle tone, strength and flexibility. The equipment has also been demonstrated to bring about beneficial changes in mood, energy levels and blood pressure readings. Generally, all reviews cite an uncontested improvement
Research indicates that the following beneficial gains from properly-executed, whole body vibration exercise accrue to a significant numbers of users:
• Increases strength and stamina
• Increases Human Growth Hormone (HGH) levels by up to 361%
• Reduces joint & back pain
• Reduces body fat, cellulite & improves muscle tone
• Enhances metabolism, calorie burning & balances hormones
• Increases lymphatic drainage
• Improves cerebrospinal fluid flow & blood circulation
• Increases bone mass and mineral density
• Increases flexibility, balance and mobility
• Induces metabolic alterations in bone, stomach, bowel, prostate, kidney & bladder
• Enhances knee neuromuscular control & flexibility
• Improves proprioception and balance
• Deters Multiple Sclerosis
• Increases secretion of serotonin and norepinephrine
• Helps prevent Osteoporosis
• Suppresses pain & inflammation
• Alters microbiome, leading to better digestion & glucose utilization
• Reduces ill effects of Diabetes such as excessive urine production & excessive thirst
• Reduces A1C levels more efficiently than drugs
• Lowers osteocalcin levels responsible for the fight or flight mechanism
• Reduces anxiety and depression
• Reduction in the hormone cortisol
Contraindications – Do not use whole body vibration if any of the following conditions relate to you:
• Kidney or bladder stones